MarketBlast’s Seller Confidence and Satisfaction Report for December 2006 looks at how eBay sellers feel about their businesses and their partnership with eBay. Though the sampling was tiny – just 316 sellers – the results are surprisingly positive. Some highlights:
- full-time sellers are both happier and more confident than part-timers
- the more core items you list, the more you sell
- competing on price is probably not the best strategy
- half of sellers characterise their business as growing
- half of sellers are satisfied with their profitability (no indication as to whether this is the same half as those whose businesses are growing)
Apparently MB will be repeating the survey twice annually, so we look forward to seeing how things have changed in six months.