One of the highlights of Thursday’s eBay Backstage party was the community awards. eBay UK MD Doug McCallum gave out seven awards to members who’ve achieved some great things in 2007:
- Auction Seller of the Year 2007: Schuh Store, represented by Dan Lumm. Mmmm… shooooooes…. 😀
- Rising Star 2007: Ace Electronics UK registered less than a year ago, and currently have over 33,000 feedback – that’s a pretty impressive start!
- Motors Seller of the Year 2007: UK Auto Site.
- Charity Seller of the Year 2007: Lynne Beckett of Acorns4Children, who is also the current Powerseller of the Month. Well done Lynne!
- Charity of the Year 2007: Oxfam, who have been real pioneers in getting individual shops to eBay.
- Community Member of the Year 2007: Peaseblossom. I’m with eBay on this one: I’ve been hanging around their message boards for more years than I like to think about, and Pease is consistently helpful, patient and positive. Truly a well-deserved award.
- eBayer of the Year 2007: based on feedback reflecting stellar customer service, Jen and Jamie Murray of Blue Jam.
One thought for next year, guys: where’s the award for Buyer of the Year?