eBay UK has warned buyers to be on the alert for toys recalled by manufacturers due to safety concerns. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued recalls of a number of children’s toys and other items in recent weeks. These include:
- some Fisher Price toys Dora, Diego and Elmo
- some Mattel toys including Barbie accessories, Bongo Band and Geotrax
- various toys with a lead paint hazard, including certain Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway toys, toy gardening rakes, tools and chairs, Knights of the Sword toys, puppet theaters, spinning wheel-metal necklaces and additional children’s metal jewelry
- some Kolcraft play yards due to risk of strangulation
- a further list of toys with lead and strangulation hazards, including Cub Scouts Totem Badges, Bendable Dinosaur toys, Princess Magnetic Travel Art Set Lap Desks, Deluxe Winnie-the-Pooh 23-Piece Play Sets, Deluxe Wood Art Sets and certain styles of Starbucks children’s plastic cups
- another list with possibile lead, strangulation or laceration risks which includes turtle sprinklers, Dunkin’ Donuts glow sticks, puppet theaters, bookmarks and Halloween skull pails.
Sellers are advised to check model numbers of the items they stock and to withdraw any of the affected lots from sale. Buyers are advised to check model numbers with sellers before purchase: full details of all recalled products can be found on the CSPC website.