eBay UK have just announced that for UK PowerSellers. Though some of us managed to sign up last week, it’s good to know that now, we are officially protected against against fraudulent payments and item not received claims with the following improvements to existing cover:
- any address: sellers are now protected whether or not their buyer has a confirmed address
- international coverage: posting is covered to any of the 190 countries supported by PayPal
- unlimited coverage: the previous limit of Â£3,250 is gone; sellers now have unlimited cover from PayPal.
Of course, there are some requirements of sellers too:
- for item not received claims, you’ll need to send within seven days of payment, with a proof of delivery viewable online (signature viewable online if the item is worth Â£150 or more), and
- for unauthorised payment claims, you will need to post to the address on the payment page, and be able to provide a proof of posting (PoP not proof of delivery seems rather nicely generous to me).
Most of all, you’ll need to register to be eligible, so get on over to PayPal and do it!