From 27th January all DVD listings must offer at least one domestic postage service with free P&P. As , eBay are running a promotion giving . The promotion runs from 27th January until 31st March 2009.
In order to qualify for the FVF discount the following conditions must be met for the listing to be classed as offering “Free Post”:
- Domestic postage needs to be set to “Flat: Same cost to all buyers”
- The first domestic postage service needs to be specified and ‘0’ needs to be entered into the £ cost field or the “Free P&P” tick box needs to be ticked.
- Insurance must either not be required or have its cost set to zero
- Postage service should not be “Local Delivery/Pick Up” or “Other”
- There cannot be any surcharges
- If the listing is a multiple item listing, the postage cost for additional items must also be zero
There are a few exclusions, the most notable of which are Dutch Auctions (multiple item auction style listings).
Whilst the discount will be welcomed by DVD sellers many will be about to start the process of editing listings to offer free post. Prices will probably rise in the category to compensate so the reduction in fees should make the change revenue neutral to eBay. The big question is will the discount become permanent at some point in the future?