eBay have released new API (Application Programming Interface) calls for feedback DSRs (Detailed Seller Ratings). The new API calls are:
* createDSRSummaryByCategory: Creates a seller’s DSR summary report for sold items based on the categories they were listed in and a date range.
* createDSRSummaryByPeriod: Creates a seller’s DSR summary report for sold items based on a date range.
* createDSRSummaryByShippingDetail: Creates a seller’s DSR summary report for sold items based on shipping details for the items and a date range.
* createDSRSummaryByTransaction: Creates a seller’s DSR summary report for sold items specified with transaction information.
* getDSRSummary: Retrieves a DSR report which had previously been created for specific criteria, such as a list of transactions, period of time, listing category, or shipping details.
This probably doesn’t mean much to most people, and personally I haven’t a clue how one would make use of them. However there are developers out there that already have tools for monitoring DSRs such as Auctiontrax DSR Calculator and ChannelAdvisor’s DSRWatch. These tools were limited to the API functions eBay previously provided and I’m betting that the developers are already furiously coding new applications.
It also gives an indication of the reports that will become available when eBay launch the promised enhancements to the Seller Dashboard. The same summary reports should shortly become available on eBay itself.