eBay’s app for Android is now available for free download for UK, Australian and Canadian customers. Android users can download the eBay app by searching “eBay” from the Android Market on their handsets. Features include:
- voice search utilising Android’s unique capabilities; the eBay application comes enabled with speech-to-text voice search
- buyer alerts on auctions and watched items
- daily deals
- immediate checkout through PayPal
- member messages: receive and reply to messages and emails sent through My eBay. Ask a seller a question or reply to an inquiry or keep track of notifications directly through the app
- sharing functions so that buyers and seller can share items via Facebook, Twitter or email
This year, eBay expects to generate $1.5 billion in sales through mobile commerce: Steve Yankovich, vice president of mobile, eBay Inc. said “the popularity of eBay’s mobile shopping applications is quickly spreading across multiple geographies” – or “different countries” as we call them in Europe. eBay’s is currently the number one iPad app in the iTunes Store.
How’s mobile for you? Is it just for casual buyers? Do we need a “don’t drink and shop” filter for that Android voice search? Does the expansion of mobile eBay mean you can run your eBay business from anywhere – or just that you can’t escape from it? Leave us a comment.