eBay have just announced their London Social Shopping experience which you can visit from Friday in Covent Garden. On what is set to be the UK’s busiest online shopping weekend, eBay Social Shopping – the UK’s first interactive, socially powered shopping experience will open from Friday the 30th of November to Sunday the 2nd of December.
eBay Social Shopping will bring together product recommendations from social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with eBay’s own search data, to provide a live pulse of what the nations really wants this Christmas. If you’re stuck for inspiration and want to find out what the hottest products are this year, the eBay Social Shopping experience is the place to be.
Visitors to eBay’s Christmas social shopping experience will be able to:
• Discover what the nation really wants this Christmas with a real-time barometer of the UK’s most talked about gifts and products, powered by Twitter
• See this year’s must-have toys come to life in the palm of your hand, with augmented reality technology
• Find the perfect gadget for IT and tech lovers in 3D
• Get advice from virtual personal shoppers for gifting quandaries and dilemmas via Facebook
• Browse and shop throughout the experience using a smartphone
• Give a little to help a lot, with charity Good Gifts interactive Advent Calendar full of Christmas gifts supporting a host of worthy causes
Put a little bit of fun into Christmas shopping
“By pairing views of social communities with eBay’s own vast selection of top Christmas gifts and mobile expertise we hope to give shoppers lots of inspiration and put a little bit of fun into Christmas shopping” explains Carrie Bienkowski, eBay’s Head of Buyer Experience.
Even if you don’t own a smart phone you can still go down to Covent Garden to experience eBay Social Shopping as they’ll have tablets available. You’ll also be able to also enter into a prize draw to become an eBay Nectar Millionaire – one lucky visitor will win a million nectar points!
Mobile Commerce and New Technologies
It’s worth noting that eBay expect this to be the biggest year for mobile commerce, with around 30% of Christmas purchases from eBay being transacted on mobile devices. eBay will also be showcasing new technologies set to revolutionise the retail experience such as augmented reality, image recognition and 3D technologies.
If you’re in London and drop by the eBay Social Shopping experience send us some pictures and let us know in comments below what you thought.