For the last six years, Royal Mail has commissioned Delivery Matters research to help etailers better understand the needs of online shoppers. Each year Delivery Matters explores various key areas. We have included in our survey this year new questions about online marketplaces as well as the importance of seller ratings and in particular delivery ratings. Other areas researched also include:
- Why online shoppers shop online?
- How much do online shoppers spend and how often do they spend it?
- What are online shoppers buying?
- The prevailing issue of cart abandonment, the reasons behind it and what they do after they’ve abandoned their cart
- Online shoppers preferences in delivery providers and how they feel about them
- The issue of returns and customers preference in method of returns items