Facebook have added the ability to add a call-to-action button on Facebook Pages. Currently in beta, the buttons can allow people to schedule, order, buy, and do more seamlessly. Clicking a button delivers a full-screen experience that allows customers to complete a form with just a few taps.
Actions available are
- Start Order – restaurant order processing with delivery.com or Slice.
- Book Now – appointment booking with Booker, BookingBug, Front Desk, HomeAdvisor, Microsoft Bookings, MyTime, Pingup, Schedulicity, Setster and Simplybook.me.
- Get Quote- request a quote for your service via Porch or TalkLocal.
- Buy Tickets – selling event tickets with EventBrite and Ticketmaster.
- See Showtimes- providing show schedules and selling movie tickets with Fandango.
For ecommerce businesses the most interesting application is the ability to sell tickets for webinars and events (whether there’s a charge or free to attend). Often we’ll see events promoted on Facebook pages, but to sign up you have to click through to a website. The new Facebook call to action buttons will enable customers to book up without leaving Facebook.
Posted by Facebook for Developers on Tuesday, 18 October 2016
If you are interested in signing up to deliver richer experiences on Facebook pages, you can sign up to the beta program here.