Marketplaces 2018: Priceminister

No primary category set

This post about Priceminister is part of Tamebay’s January and February 2018 Marketplaces series sponsored by Flubit. To find a full list of marketplaces we’ve written about this month, visit our Marketplaces 2018 page here.

Web address:

Marketplace Overview

Priceminister is a great big online marketplace in France operated by the Japanese ecommerce experts Rakuten boasting 22 million members and 9 million monthly active users. The most important categories are books, electronic goods, home and garden, shoes and handbags and health and beauty. They say they have over 5k third party retailers selling goods on the site.

The vast majority (94%) of the 22 million strong Priceminister shopping customer base are in France but they are increasingly global. The remaining 6% are predominantly in Belgium, Switzerland and Canada. But they also have global customers in 20 countries, including Germany, Brazil, USA, Japan and Taiwan.

It’s reported that Priceminister enjoys an average of more than 30,000 transactions per day taking place across the marketplace. Buyer loyalty is encouraged via the Rakuten Super Points scheme which offers perks. The more you spend, the greater the incentive.

Seller registration and requirements

You’ll need to apply to sell. There is no joining fee but there is a monthly sub and that depends on where you are. Sales commissions range from 4% to 22% depending on category.

You can apply to sell, and request more information, on this very successful French marketplace here.

Product listings and fulfilment

You can upload your goods via a compatible third-party multichannel software partner or using the API or Priceminister CMS. Payment is made via automatic transfer using a virtual purse twice a week. WORLDFIRST is a preferred payments partner

They do also ofer some attractive perks and services to sellers. These include a branded and customised store front to create an online showroom, in-house marketing tools to help you develop your business and you can also apparently access a dedicated ecommerce consultant with expertise in your market who can hep to guide you and develop your sales.

Tamebay’s take on Priceminister

Even if you haven’t ever heard of Priceminister, then you’ve doubtless heard of Rakuten, and they are in the same family and thus part of a massive ecommerce network across the globe. Rakuten may have exited the UK market but they haven’t been neglecting ecommerce in France.

France is a big and growing ecommerce market that is relatively easily to ship to from the UK. That makes it an attractive country to expand into, even if there is the minor issue of a language barrier.

If you like the idea of selling more within Europe, and aren’t in the fashion trade, then PriceMinister is a venue worthy of research because it sells a wide range goods in the marketplace.

If you have you any experience selling on Priceminister, please do share your insights.

For more information about marketplaces check out the Tamebay Guide.



Rakuten France partners with Storfund


Rakuten partners with Uber Eats Japan


Rakuten launches online marketplace for NFTs


3PL win Rakuten Kobo e-readers distribution


Rakuten Super Logistics celebrate the perseverance of ecommerce

ChannelX Guide...

Featured in this article from the ChannelX Guide – companies that can help you grow and manage your business.


Take a look through a selection of the latest articles on ChannelX

Register for Newsletter

Receive 5 newsletters per week

Gain access to all research

Be notified of upcoming events and webinars