eBay have started to invite sellers to register for an eBay Payments Beta trial which will replace PayPal as the default payment option on the marketplace in the future. The beta trials will begin in September and it’s expected that some eBay staff will be using the system ahead of the public beta trials.
The email has a number of interesting points which will doubtless leak out as soon as the trials begin.
- eBay will consolidate payments and invoices into a single account
- Payouts will be made daily to your bank account
- eBay are exploring faster ways to get paid with partners
- All fees will be on a single eBay invoice – this will include payment fees
- Those who take part in the Beta will get special discounted pricing for early opt in
- eBay will automatically update all existing listings to add eBay Payments as the default payment option
eBay email to sellers invited for eBay Payments Beta
What are the key benefits?
– One place to sell and get paid: manage all your selling and payments needs from within your eBay account.
– Simpler bills: all your fees in one place on your eBay bill.
– Consolidated pricing: all your fees in one place on one bill, plus special pricing for early opt-in*.
– Daily payouts: direct to your bank account. No need to transfer funds between accounts.
– New ways for buyers to pay: such as mobile payments with Apple Pay.
– Better protection: claim and chargeback seller protections provided by eBay, with one place to manage disputes.
– More control: accept your exclusive invitation now to get a head start on adapting your business to selling and getting paid on eBay.
What will eBay’s fees be?
In September 2018, you will receive an invitation to participate in our limited initial launch. To access the offer, you’ll be prompted to sign in to your account for more information and specifics like fees and additional frequently asked questions.
How will I access my funds?
All cleared funds will generally be paid in a daily batch and directly to your bank account, regardless of how your buyer chooses to pay. From your bank account, you can access your funds directly, with no need to transfer funds between accounts. In addition, we’re working with our financial partners to enable even more options for speedy access to your earnings.
What will I have to do to sign-up?
Your invitation in September will take you to a sign up page for a quick and easy enrollment process. After you enter a few personal details like preferred bank account for payouts and your social security number to verify your identity, we’ll manage the rest. We will automatically update your existing account and listings and transfer your existing listings to the new payments model. For new listings, we’ll ask you to use Seller Hub’s listing page and any existing listings APIs you use.