Payments firm Stripe has announced the launch of its first-ever Partner Program to help its global user base discover new, reliable partners to work with. Enterprise joining in including Sage, Intercom, Shopify, Xero, Segment, Docusign, and Avalara who are all now verified partners
They company says they already enjoy an ecosystem comprised of thousands of informal tech partners, drawn by its world-class technology and APIs, and access to its rapidly growing user base. Apparently for every £1 Stripe makes, partners can expect to make £1.26.
The company’s user base has grown rapidly, as half of user businesses double their monthly volume after two years. The Partner Program gives companies of all sizes access to this set of high-growth, tech-forward businesses as trusted partners.
Partners have integrated with Stripe for years—in fact, more than half of our fastest-growing users take advantage of one or more Stripe extensions. But as Stripe is increasingly getting pulled up-market, our users have asked for an easier way to discover new platforms and apps, so we’re delighted today to announce our Partner Program.
– Claire Hughes Johnson, COO, Stripe
The idea seems to be to “formalise” the ecosystem with the Partner Program giving them access to new benefits, such as:
- A new partner portal with educational materials and best practices for building secure, reliable integrations.
- A Verified Partner badge and logo upon undergoing a formal security review and verification process
- Access to millions of users through a listing on the “Works With Stripe” gallery
- Priority support for faster resolution of support issues
- Exclusive invites to product betas and future roadmaps
The program, which is the first-of-its-kind in the online payments space, will have two partner types (Platform Partners, Extensions) and two tiers (Partners and Verified Partners).