Amazon are updating Amazon Trademark Usage Guidelines for merchants. The guidelines set out how merchants can use the Amazon logo to promote their Amazon listings including what merchants can’t use Amazon’s logo for.
The short (unofficial) version of the Amazon Trademark Usage Guidelines (in 100 words)
You can use Amazon’s logo to promote your products on Amazon, but not for off-Amazon sales. You can’t amend the Amazon logo and can’t use it to slate Amazon. When you use the Amazon logo it must be as a standalone image (which can be hyperlinked to your products on Amazon), and be separated from any other images or text. You can’t use the logo in a manner that suggests Amazon endorses you, merely to indicate that your products are for sale on Amazon. Finally, you can’t use any of Amazon’s other logos – only the ‘Available at Amazon’ logo.
The long (official) version of the Amazon Trademark Usage Guidelines
- YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE THE AMAZON MARK ONLY TO ADVERTISE THE AVAILABILITY OF YOUR PRODUCTS ON AN AMAZON SITE. YOU MAY USE THE AMAZON MARK (a) ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE, (b) IN ONLINE ADVERTISEMENTS, AND/OR (c) IN OFFLINE ADVERTISEMENTS.
- YOU ARE ALLOWED TO LINK YOUR USE OF THE AMAZON MARK TO AN AMAZON SITE.
- You may use the Amazon Mark solely for the purpose expressly authorized by Amazon in these Guidelines and your use must: (i) comply with the most up-to-date version of these Guidelines; and (ii) comply with any other terms, conditions, or policies that Amazon may issue from time to time that apply to the use of the Amazon Mark.
- Below is the approved Amazon Mark image for you to use. You may not alter the Amazon Mark in any manner, including but not limited to, changing the proportion, color, or font of the Amazon Mark, or adding or removing any element(s) to or from the Amazon Mark.
- Do not use the Amazon Mark as part of a sentence. For example, do not say, “Our products are (Amazon Mark), so please shop online.”
- You may not use the Amazon Mark in any manner that implies sponsorship or endorsement by Amazon other than by using the Amazon Mark as specifically authorized in these Guidelines by Amazon.
- You may not use the Amazon Mark to disparage Amazon, its products or services, or in a manner which, in Amazon’s sole discretion, may diminish or otherwise damage or tarnish Amazon or Amazon’s goodwill in the Amazon Mark.
- The Amazon Mark must appear in its entirety, with reasonable spacing between each side of the Amazon Mark and other visual, graphic or textual elements. Under no circumstance should the Amazon Mark be placed on any background which interferes with the readability or display of the Amazon Mark.
- Product images should not include any Amazon logos or trademarks, or variations, modifications or anything confusingly similar to Amazon’s logos and trademarks. This includes, but is not limited to, any words or logos with the terms AMAZON, PRIME, ALEXA, or the Amazon Smile design.
- Product images should not include any badges used on Amazon, or variations, modifications or anything confusingly similar to such badges. This includes, but is not limited to, Amazon’s Choice, Premium Choice, Amazon Alexa, Works with Amazon Alexa, Best Seller, or Top Seller.
- You may include the following statement in and on any materials that display the Amazon Mark (written or electronic): “Amazon’s trademark is used under license from Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
- You acknowledge that all rights to the Amazon Mark are the exclusive property of Amazon, and all goodwill generated through your use of the Amazon Mark will inure solely to the benefit of Amazon. You will not take any action that conflicts with Amazon’s rights in, or ownership of, the Amazon Mark.