In 2004, Jonathan Quin left his high-flying city job to start WorldFirst in a South London basement with a dream of making it easier, faster, safer and cheaper for people and businesses to trade internationally.
15 years later and with a business of over 550 staff, spanning 8 global offices, which has served more than 250,000 businesses and individuals, WorldFirst was acquired by the world’s highest-valued fintech, Ant Financial.
Now, in this webinar aimed at ambitious CEOs, CMOs and CFOs who are looking to expand their cross-border business in 2020/21, Mark Stimpfig, Co-Founder of GTM Global gets to ask Jonathan Quin, now Head of Strategy Ant Financial Europe about:
- Jonathan’s past – How he launched and grew WorldFirst in 2004. And how WorldFirst expanded globally to its purchase by Ant Financial and joining the Alibaba ecosystem in 2019.
- Present – How his new role in Ant Financial supports the vision for making it easier for European companies to do business everywhere.
- Future – What he looks for in a scale-up business as an investor and the growth opportunities selling to international markets can bring.
Mark also talks to Jeff Parker the new CEO at WorldFirst about:
- Jeff’s past – In investment banking and international payments.
- Present – How WorldFirst is nurturing and supporting scale-ups in seamless and innovative cross-border trade.
- Future – How he will be working alongside Jonathan, Ant Financial and the wider Alibaba ecosystem to grow opportunities for globally ambitious businesses.
If you attend the webinar live you’ll be able to ask Jonathan and Jeff questions around:
- Cross-border trade
- Global supply chains
- Digital payments and the importance of localising them
- What it takes to succeed internationally
- What investors look for in start-ups
- The new global normal – post-COVID
This free webinar takes place on Wednesday the 8th of July starting at 11am so register now to reserve your place.