During the pandemic, touchless technology has become a way for businesses to continue working in a safe way. We saw a massive surge in demand for the technology and now Piplsay have found that 71% of Brits and 82% of Americans want us to continue using it post COVID-19.
Touchless technology can be used in a range of settings including in retail, online, and for contactless delivery and with COVID-19 showing no signs of subsiding, businesses have begun to rethink ways to operate differently and allay the nagging doubts and fears about the pandemic. As life gets back to normal amid the ongoing pandemic, what expectations do people have from businesses around them?
The key insights:
The dawn of touchless tech: How keen are people about it?
- 44% of Britons say their preference for touchless technology has increased amid COVID-19 as compared to 51% of Americans
- 35% of Britons say they view businesses that do not adopt touchless technology negatively as compared to 40% of Americans
- Only 34% of Britons and 49% of Americans are extremely comfortable with the increasing level of human-technology interactions
- 71% of Britons and 82% of Americans expect businesses to continue to adopt touchless tech post COVID-19
- 37% of Millennials in the US and 28% in the UK view businesses that do not adopt touchless technology negatively
- About 35% each of men and women in the US and the UK say their preference for touchless technology has increased a lot amid the pandemic
- 60% of Millennials and 56% of Gen Xers in the US are extremely comfortable with the increasing human-tech interaction as compared to 47% of Millennials and 35% of Gen Xers in the UK