Wish marketplace fees are undergoing a revamp as of the 19th of July. You’ll want to check the fee schedule carefully as selling the same product in different territories could result in paying significantly different fees.
Currently, Wish marketplace fees (or revenue share as they call them), are 15% across the board. Under the new fee structure you could be paying as little as 5% fees or they could rise to as much as 25%.
The main things to notice are that Wish Express Orders will attract much lower Wish marketplace fees. Also, Wish appear to want to lower the number of sex toys sold on their site so fees for these will rise significantly.
To attract the lowest fees you’ll want to offer Wish Express shipping wherever possible. Wish Express offers merchants a number of benefits when merchants set up expedited shipping options for their products. For most countries this isn’t particularly onerous as it requires delivery within a maximum of 5 or fewer business days.
Shipping domestically, offering Wish Express should not be much of an issue, but when selling internationally it will be more difficult unless you have local fulfilment in place.
Wish Express Benefits
Wish Express benefits include,
- Increased product impressions
- Faster order payment eligibility
- A unique orange truck badge highlighting your fast-shipping products in Wish app or wish.com
- A dedicated “Express” section in Wish app or wish.com to surface Wish Express products
- Set up Primary and/or Secondary warehouses in close proximity to the destinations you are interested in selling into, so you may offer Wish Express shipping for more of your products.
- Set up business establishments in the regions that you are interested in selling into.
- Increase inventory for consumer packaged goods or other household items.
- Decrease inventory for sex toy products.
Wish marketplace fees from 19th July 2021
Wish Express Orders
- 5% revenue share on Wish Express orders (across all product categories) bound for non-North American destinations.
- 10% revenue share on Wish Express orders (across all product categories) bound for North American destinations (i.e., the United States and Canada).
All destinations for Household, Sex
- 10% revenue share on non-Wish Express orders (across all destinations) for Household Supplies products.
- 25% revenue share on non-Wish Express orders (across all destinations) for Sex Toys products.
- 15% revenue share on non-Wish Express orders (across all product categories except for Household Supplies or Sex Toys) shipped within the European Union (i.e., from and to the EU), ONLY if the merchant is an EU domiciled merchant OR a non-EU domiciled merchant with an EU establishment.
- 22% revenue share on all other non-Wish Express orders (across all product categories except for Household Supplies or Sex Toys) bound for EU destinations.
- 15% revenue share on non-Wish Express orders (across all product categories except for Household Supplies or Sex Toys) bound for non-EU destinations.
To find out more about selling on Wish and the opportunity the marketplace has to offer, check out our free Watch on Demand masterclass delivered by Alan Small, Head of Business Development Europe for Wish. Click here to start watching.