WIRED Retail trends for the future of ecommerce
Start Date: Tuesday 12th October 2021 - 00:00am All Day Event
WIRED Smarter is returning as a two day virtual festival focusing on the latest innovations and trends shaping the future of business in the retail, money and security sectors. Split into three events, WIRED Retail on Tuesday the 12th October will be of most interest to ecommerce retailers with WIRED Money and WIRED Security taking place on Wednesday the 13th October.
Kicking off the series on Tuesday, WIRED Retail will uncover the most exciting trends for the future of ecommerce, showcasing the smart technologies engaging the fast-evolving customer with speakers including Naz Kazazoglu, Business Designer, Yoox Net a Porter, Carolina Arguelles Navas, Group Product Marketing Manager, Snap Inc and Cathy Sparks, Vice President of Nike Direct, EMEA, Nike.
Curated by WIRED’s award-winning editorial team, each of the three WIRED Smarter events will host a series of inspirational stories, eye-opening case studies and interactive workshops with the brightest minds across the retail, finance and security industries. Drawing on WIRED insights, WIRED Retail, WIRED Money and WIRED Security, will each offer up a cross section of the biggest challenges faced in each sector and how these impact the future of business, giving attendees the opportunity to learn and benchmark from a collection of expert perspectives.
Commencing on Tuesday afternoon, WIRED Retail will uncover the most exciting trends shaping the future of ecommerce, showcasing the smart technologies engaging the fast-evolving customer. On Wednesday morning, WIRED Money will then explore how central banks are responding to the rise of cryptocurrencies and examine the way in which retail investment has led to new forms of access to different asset classes. The festival will finish with WIRED Security on Wednesday afternoon, offering a deep dive into the future of cybersecurity and privacy. We will hear from those working to combat ransomware, discuss how blockchain can be monitored, and we will look at the future of online privacy and identity.
Confirmed speakers for WIRED Retail include:
- Naz Kazazoglu, Business Designer, Yoox Net a Porter
- Carolina Arguelles Navas, Group Product Marketing Manager, Snap Inc
- Cathy Sparks, Vice President of Nike Direct, EMEA, Nike
- Dr. Amanda Parkes, Chief Innovation Officer, PANGAIA
- Andre Zhu, Senior Vice President of Global Affairs, Pinduoduo
- Shimona Mehta, Managing Director EMEA, Shopify
- Karen Bruck, VP Marketplace, Hispanic South America, Mercado Livre
- Sergei Goncharov, General Director, Pyaterochka
- Amanda Hesser, Founder and CEO, Food52
- Jessica Couch, Co-Founder, Fayetteville Road
- Brittany Hicks, Co-Founder, Fayetteville Road