Just weeks after eBay announced they would extend seller protections for sellers affected by storm Izzy they will be once again extending seller protections to those impacted by the storm along the East Coast.
eBay will be monitoring the storm and providing sellers with extra support during this time ensuring sellers can keep themselves and their families safe without having to worry about the effects of the severe weather on their eBay business.
We are closely monitoring the storm along the East Coast. If you are affected by the storm, please stay safe.
These severe weather conditions may delay pickup or delivery of your shipments. We are providing you with additional support and protections to reduce any impact on your business.U.S. eBay seller news team
Extended seller protection:
If you’re located in the affected areas and are not able to ship your inventory, if you are able to, eBay recommend you:
- Communicate with your buyers to advise them of the situation
- Extend your handling time on your listings if you expect delays
If your business is impacted, eBay will automatically protect your seller performance, including:
- Your late shipment rate
- Your valid tracking upload rate
- “Item not received” cases due to late delivery as long as you uploaded tracking before the case was opened, and have a physical scan from the carrier
- Defects resulting from transactions you cancelled
eBay will also remove any associated negative and neutral feedback and these cases will not impact your service metrics rating.
eBay state that sellers may still see late shipments on their seller dashboards but these will be removed before their next seller performance evaluation.