eBay has partnered with global logistics firm Orange Connex to offer a competitively priced fulfilment programme in eBay markets across the world. From today, Australian sellers will be able to register their interest for eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex Australia.
The other interest will be for UK, EU and US sellers who want to forward deploy inventory into Australia for faster local delivery to customers. Shipping in bulk to Orange Connex Australia and having then handle the local delivery will undoubtedly be cheaper than shipping direct to the consumer after each sale, and it will save weeks on the delivery timeframe you can offer Australian buyers.
At eBay we understand that housing, managing stock and delivery in tight timeframes can be challenging for growing a business – especially as e-commerce continues to accelerate and consumers expect faster and more seamless experiences.
Our research reveals three quarters (73 per cent) of Australian businesses believe it’s important marketplaces offer fulfilment services. eBay’s priority is to provide the tools that enable our 40,000 Australian retailers to compete and grow; eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex will provide that – from streamlining the delivery experience to eBay Plus integration that gives sellers more opportunity to showcase their products to eBay’s nearly 12-million unique monthly visitors.– Hayat Horma, Director of Shipping, eBay Australia
eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex Australia offers sellers faster delivery options, competitive shipping rates, enhanced seller protection and full eBay integration. The local launch follows the successful rollout in Germany and most recently the UK with both programs seeing significant delivery experience improvements. Having experienced the program from the buyer perspective, it’s a great delivery experience and if sellers want to ease their logistics operations and it’s well worth considering.
From today, Australian sellers will be able to register their interest for eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex. The first two fulfilment centres are in Sydney and there are plans to roll out more locations across major capital cities.
eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex Australia features
The following features are available from the programme, but it’s worth pointing out that one is missing from the official eBay list – Orange Connex Australia can probably ship much later in the day then you can as a small business and so buyers really do get faster shipping even if they purchase after your normal cut off time for same day despatch.
- Seller protection: eBay items in the fulfilment centre receive protection against delivery-related defects, including late shipment and item not received claims
- Competitive shipping rates: Postage rates start at $4.80 for pick, pack and delivery and a flat rate based on product weight and size
- eBay Plus integration: Items in the fulfilment centre will be automatically eligible for eBay Plus badging. eBay Plus listings see up to a 17 per cent item view uplift and provide access to eBay’s most engaged buyers. eBay Plus members spend up to six times more on ebay.com.au than non-members
- End-to-end tracking: All inventory is fully tracked with valid tracking information automatically passed to eBay. This gives buyers confidence and helps to reduce claims and contacts
- eBay integration: The service is fully integrated with eBay. Sellers do not have to worry about managing components of their listings in the program including handling time, item quantity, item location and shipping service
- Multi-channel capability: Orange Connex takes care of storage, packing and postage of items. This includes not only eBay orders but those across other selling platforms
The launch also benefits local shoppers, resulting in faster delivery and more eBay Plus items to shop from. Additionally, eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex offers Australian shoppers access to locally housed products from hundreds of international based sellers, ultimately providing buyers with a more streamlined experience when shopping from overseas businesses.
Matthew Ling, Managing Director of eBay seller AZAU, has already been using eBay Fulfilment and says it’s a game changer for his eBay operation:
eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex has been a game changer for our business. We do most of our sales through eBay, so seller protection and competitive shipping rates are two of the most important benefits for us. We’ve worked with other logistics companies and this is the first time we’ve been able to significantly improve our operations and efficiency– Matthew Ling, Managing Director, eBay seller AZAU
The local launch follows the successful rollout in Germany and more recently the UK with both programmes seeing significant delivery experience improvements. Australian sellers who would like to register their interest in eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex can do so here.