Etsy have announced in a blog post that they are investing $50 million in scaling their community support. This news comes after a Change.org petition gained popularity with sellers who felt Etsy could be doing more to support them. The petition currently sits with 22 thousand signatures.
Etsy support expansion
In the post, Etsy state that the investment will help them expand their community support team by more than 20% while investing in critical tools and resources to empower the community. When an issue arises, or a user has a question, Etsy wants to ensure they get support quickly and easily.
Improvements include the following:
- Chat is an increasingly preferred option among many Etsy users. Etsy have pledged to continue to dedicate more resources to this feature. Additionally, as Etsy increase the size of their support team, they intend to continue to reduce response times for users who write in via email to connect within 24 hours.
- For buyers who prefer to speak with an expert or specialist over the phone, Etsy eliminate the hassle of lengthy hold times. From the Help Center, shoppers can request a call back from the next available agent.
- Etsy say they are getting to grips with machine learning with an aim to prioritize the most urgent support requests.
- Etsy are expanding their Help Center and improving its navigation, making it easier for sellers to access articles and content to manage their accounts better, find answers to their questions, and self-service minor issues that may arise.
- Etsy have revamped account dashboards to help sellers understand crucial financial information like fees, refunds and credits. They are also adding further clarity to tax documents to make it even easier to comply with evolving requirements.
- Etsy have made it easier and more intuitive for buyers to be able to start a conversation with sellers throughout the shopping and post-purchase journey. And on the occasion that something does not go right, their case system alerts our team to step in and help resolve lingering issues.