Instacart have launched Instacart Platform to give grocers the ability to power their own digital properties and retail operations through access to Instacart’s technology.
Instacart Platform aims to help grocery retailers digitize the end-to-end grocery operation and improve customer experience. Some retailers will choose to use some of these technologies a-la-carte, while others might benefit from having all of these solutions on one connected platform that works seamlessly across channels.
Instacart Platform compromises of:
- E-commerce: E-commerce storefronts custom-built for grocers and a-la-carte recommendation and merchandising capabilities.
- Fulfillment: Solutions for grocers to do online delivery and pickup from stores or warehouses, from 15-minute ultrafast to next-day delivery.
- In-store: Digital integrations and connected hardware to enhance the brick-and-mortar store experience, from scanless carts to technology that helps manage operations.
- Ads: Advertising solutions to help brands connect and engage with consumers in the digital aisles.
- Insights: Data tools to help retailers optimize operations, provide more connected experiences, and make informed business decisions
The grocery industry is undergoing a digital transformation where customers expect a seamless experience across many channels, but behind the scenes it’s taking an incredible amount of work and investment for retailers to deliver these new services, We’re looking to change that with Instacart Platform. We started as the e-commerce and fulfillment partner of choice for grocers, and we’ve been building on that foundation to broaden and deepen our capabilities, in order to help retailers innovate faster than ever on their own properties.
– Fidji Simo, CEO, Instacart