Twitter have introduced a new ‘professional accounts’ profile setting. Brands and businesses on the platform might be interested in switching their accounts to access some new features.
Twitter are making changes that extend how they operate for businesses. This new profile setting comes shortly after the social media platform announced Twitter Shops. If you are a business, brand, creator or publisher you can activate a professional account which will act as a gateway to a wide range of professional tools that are not available to your average Twitter user. Some examples of these features include:
- Our Ads Ecosystem, including Quick Promote
- And future products, like Professional Profiles and Twitter Shopping
Qualifying for Professional Accounts
To qualify for a Professional Account, your account must adhere to the following requirements:
- You must not have a history of repeatedly violating the Twitter User Agreement.
- You must have a complete profile with an account name, a bio, and a profile picture.
- Your authentic identity must be clear on your profile. Your profile must not feature another person’s identity, brand, or organization, nor does it use a fake identity intended to deceive others. Profiles that feature animals or fictional characters are ineligible unless directly affiliated with your brand or organization. Parody and fan accounts are not eligible for Professional Accounts.
The good news is, creating a professional account is completely free. At the moment you wont be able to make a proffesional account from scratch but you can convert your existing account to a professional one. If you decide you want to revert back to a standard account you’ll be able to do that too.