You need to update your Automated unfulfillable settings in the UK in order to continue to use Amazon’s FBA Grade and Resell programme.
What is FBA Grade and Resell?
In 2021, Amazon introduced FBA Grade and Resell in the UK, enabling you to submit customer-returned items considered not to be sellable as New, to be professionally inspected in our fulfilment centres, and assigned a “Used” condition, such Used – Like New. The inventory is then re-sold as Used from fulfilment centres, rather than you having to return or dispose it. This allows you to recover more value from the inventory while letting Amazon take care of the complexity and reducing potential disposals at the same time.
What is changing?
Previously in UK, inventory could only be submitted to Grade and Resell manually through Create Removal Order.
In October, 2021, Amazon introduced an automated process Automated unfulfillable settings across EU, which has now replaced the previous process in the UK. This makes using Grade and Resell along with Furbishing, Liquidations, and Removals even simpler.
What are the benefits?
- Recover value from previously unproductive inventory
- Optimise inventory performance and reduce storage fees
- Reduce costs and potential product disposals from other Removal options
- Save time after one-time setup by using the fully automated service
What action is required?
You are no longer be able to submit Grade and Resell orders through Create Removal Order workflow. To continue using Grade and Resell, ensure that you have selected the UK store in Seller Central. Navigate to Settings > Fulfillment by Amazon > Automated unfulfillable settings and follow the steps below:
- Check the box for Grade and Resell and for any of our other unsellable Value-recovery services.
- Click Set your price and set the default pricing discount for each Used condition.
- Exclude specific ASINs from the count (This is optional).
- Scroll to the bottom and click Update.
Some sellers will set Used – Like New to a default price of 95%, Used Very Good to a default price of 90%, and so on. You have final control over the pricing of your products.
You need to ensure that you update your settings in every EU store you have your inventory in. For instance, if you have inventory in France, Italy, Spain, and Germany you will update your Seller Central settings in all these stores.