Next week, the July USPS rate increases take effect and as a label producer, eBay have provided a summary of the changes. They take effect from next Sunday, the 10th of July.
The good news is that while First Class Mail rates are increasing, this does not impact rates for First Class Package and most eBay shipments will not see an increase in cost.
USPS has published average increases but the actual change in the rate depends on the weight and zone, so check eBay shipping calculator to understand how these changes may impact your shipments, and to leverage the pre-negotiated discounts on eBay Labels for the best possible commercial rates.
July USPS rate increases
USPS Postage Rates
- Media Mail rates will increase by an average of 9%
- First Class Mail (1 oz.) letter rates will increase two cents from $0.58 to $0.60
- First Class Mail International (1 oz.) letter rates will increase ten cents from $1.30 to $1.40
USPS Special Services
- Priority Mail will now include $100 of insurance free of charge (previously $50 of insurance was provided for free)
- Rate increases for Domestic and International outbound insurance
- Signature confirmation will increase $0.20
eBay Delivery Services
- eBay standard envelope new rate structure:
1 oz: $0.57
2 oz: $0.81
3 oz: $1.05