Amazon has announced for Prime Day that members can shop products from small and medium business brands by looking out for the new Small Business badge.
The badge makes it easier for customers to identify products from small and medium business brands and artisans. For more information about the new Small Business Badge and to shop curated collections for Prime Day, visit amazon.co.uk/supportsmall.
If you’re registered with Brand Registry or Amazon Handmade and your business is eligible to be identified as a Small Business in the Amazon store, all products within your registered brands will now automatically receive the new Small Business Badge.
Eligibility for the badge has raised some eyebrows, as Amazon define a small business as one with fewer than 250 employees, an annual turnover of less than €50 million and a balance sheet of under €42 million. That’s not particularly small and so most independent businesses trading on Amazon could qualify for the new badge.
Still, customers can save up to 40% on selected products from products with the Small Business Badge and today we have a sneak preview of some of the deals that will be on offer starting tomorrow when Prime Day kicks off:
Small Business Deals Preview – Prime Day 2022:
Save up to 20% on selected Handmade products across a wide range of categories, from natural skincare, handcrafted home décor and gifts, made by local makers and small businesses.
Customers can save up to 30% on selected products from start-ups and small brands selling on Amazon across a whole range of categories including beauty, wellness, entertainment and smart home. Deals to watch include gin making kits from Sandy Leaf Farm, vitamins from NutriZing, smart home accessories from SwitchBot, and gaming products from JLab.
Other Small Business Deals
Customers can save up to 40% on selected products labelled with the Small Business Badge, including brands Meater, Honeypot Furniture, Chilly’s, and Panda, across a wide range of categories from electronics, beauty & health products, homeware, and gifts:
- MEATER Plus: Was £99.00, Prime Day Price £69.30, Saving £29.70
- Cloud Nine Touch Iron Hair Straightener: Was £139.00, Prime Day Price £94.50, Saving £44.50
- Bearing Gifts Luxury Hamper: Was £39.95, Prime Day Price £27.97, Saving £11.98
- Symprove Daily Food Supplement: Was £75.05, Prime Day Price £55.30, Saving £19.75
- Simba Hybrid Mattress: Was £999.00, Prime Day Price £549.45, Saving £449.55
- Chilly’s Bottles: Was £25.00, Prime Day Price £18.00, Saving £7.00
- ROCCBOX Gozney Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven: Was £399.00, Prime Day Price £299.00, Saving £100.00
- Honeypot Sofa: Was £579.00, Prime Day Price £463.00, Saving £116.00
- Panda Luxury Memory Foam Bamboo Pillow: Was £45.95, Prime Day Price £32.17, Saving £13.78
- Six Second Scribbles: The frantically fast and fantastically fun drawing game: Was £14.99, Prime Day Price £9.99, Saving £5.00
- Foot Peel Mask with Peach by Plantifique: Was £16.10, Prime Day Price £12.24, Saving £3.86
More than 50% of products sold on Amazon in the UK are from small and medium sized businesses, and Prime Day can have a huge impact on these selling partners. Last year, Prime Day saw customers spend over $1.9bn globally on more than 70 million small business products during the promotional period. And this year we have made it even easier for customers to support the 65,000 UK small businesses that sell on Amazon by looking for the new Small Business Badge.– John Boumphrey, Country Manager, Amazon UK