The Department for International Trade (DIT) are offering 15-20 UK retail companies the opportunity to join an ecommerce trade mission to Singapore this October, to coincide with eCommerce Expo Asia. The trade mission will educate companies on doing business in Singapore and the wider SE Asia market, and will introduce them to business partners, and marketplaces who can help them to enter this region.
DIT are currently recruiting UK brands (primarily but not exclusively fashion/accessories businesses) who are looking to grow internationally, find global partners, and who have previous marketplace experience.
Leveraging the expertise, knowledge, and networks of DIT, the programme for successful applicants will include:
- VIP access to eCommerce Expo Asia 2022, Asia’s leading ecommerce & retail event.
- 1:1 meetings with distributors that can sell cross-border via digital commerce.
- 1:1 meetings with suppliers and service providers that can onboard and manage cross-border sales via marketplaces.
- Educational sessions from experts on the market and ASEAN region, including logistics, marketing, influencers, and customer acquisition.
- 1:1 session with our dedicated ecommerce specialist to develop and refine your digital strategy for Asia.
- Key opinion leader live streaming sales promotion.
- Visits to high profile retail developments to experience the local retail environment.
To join the Singapore trade mission, you will need:
- Previous marketplace experience
- Established or projected annual turnover of £5 million plus
DIT are also offering 3-4 UK services companies free exhibition space on DIT’s stand at eCommerce Expo Asia 2022.
Companies interested can submit an application to be considered for the mission here.