Amazon are to introduce their Unsuitable Inventory Investigations program policy on Amazon.se and Amazon.pl from the 2nd of September.
Under this policy, Amazon will request additional information from sellers if it’s suspected they have engaged in the sale of counterfeit or illegal goods at Amazon. If the seller does not provide the requested information or the inventory constitutes unsuitable units, Amazon may dispose of it.
The Unsuitable Inventory Investigations policy isn’t new and already applies across most Amazon country sites. The policy is being expanded to cover the Swedish and Polish markets.
Customer trust is paramount to Amazon, and we strictly prohibit the sale of counterfeit products and other illegal goods. If we find that you have engaged in the sale of such goods through our fulfilment network, we may deactivate your account and offers, and immediately withhold and/or dispose of any of your related inventory in order to protect our customers and sellers.– Amazon
Unsuitable Inventory Investigations actions
- Amazon will notify you if they require additional information about inventory that they have determined may constitute Unsuitable Units under the FBA Service Terms.
- As part of this investigation, if any of your inventory is withheld due to violations of our anti-counterfeit and restricted products policies, Amazon will notify you by email and will conduct an investigation to determine if your inventory will be returned to you.
- During this process, Amazon may request that you provide additional information or documentation regarding your identity, product authenticity and compliance with applicable laws.
- Amazon may validate any information that you provide with third parties or government agencies.
- Amazon may also withhold any or all of your inventory while they investigate.
- If you do not provide the information that Amazon request by the stated deadlines, or if they find that any of your inventory constitutes Unsuitable Units, (including fraudulent or illegal activity such as the sale of counterfeit products or illegal goods, the violation of Amazon’s anti-counterfeit policy or submitting forged documents to Amazon) they may dispose of any such inventory immediately, in accordance with the FBA Service Terms.
- If Amazon determine that your inventory complies with Amazon’s policies, inventory that is not deemed unsuitable will be made available for you to remove from the Amazon fulfilment network.