Wish are the latest marketplace to notify merchants of the UKCA marketing requirements coming in in 2023, when selling in the UK.
The UKCA marking is a mandatory marking used on products that are placed on the market in Great Britain (i.e., England, Wales, and Scotland). The marking indicates that the product conforms to all legislation applicable to the product in Great Britain. It applies to most products previously subject to the CE marking.
For Merchants who are selling consumer products to Great Britain:
- Both the CE marking and UKCA marking can be used for products placed on the Great Britain market until December 31, 2022, 11:00 PM, UTC.
- Starting December 31, 2022, 11:00 PM UTC, the CE mark will no longer be recognized in Great Britain. Instead, the UKCA marking must be affixed on regulated products sold/shipped to Great Britain consumers, or on their packaging.
The UKCA marking is not recognized on the EU market and on the Northern Ireland market. Products for sale in the EU will continue to require a CE marking for sale (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ce-marking). Northern Ireland has a separate program under the UKNI marking regulation.
UKCA marking steps to take on Wish marketplace
- Confirm whether their Great Britain-bound products require the UKCA marking.
- Check with their product manufacturer(s) to ensure that applicable products are properly checked for conformity, affixed with the UKCA marking, and the corresponding technical documentation is correctly provided and managed.
- Upload images of all applicable conformity markings (CE, UKCA, and/or UKNI marking) for their requisite products on Wish product listing pages. (For steps on how to comply, see the Help Center article linked at the end of this announcement.)
- Apply conformity markings as soon as possible so applicable products are in compliance ahead of upcoming holiday promotions. (Editing a promoted product’s image is prohibited under the Wish Merchant Policy).