Delegates at ChannelX World attended for one reason only – to explore new channels to sell on, to share expertise and insights on marketplace selling and to meet like minded marketplace professionals who could help them grow their businesses. It was no coincidence that we chose this event to launch the brand new European Marketplaces 2022 Report from RetailX, which was presented by their Editor in Chief Ian Jindal.
If you were at ChannelX World, you should have received a link to download the Report, if you weren’t able to make it on the day, you can download your copy here.
In the European Marketplaces 2022 Report, you’ll find the top 15 European marketplace analysed from both a seller and a consumer perspective, with both comparison tables and a deep dive into each marketplace. Kicking off, the report examines for key vectors:
- Top 500 brand profile
- The ability to offer branded storefronts
- The range of goods offered by Top 500 brands
- The protection marketplaces offer sellers
The European marketplace sector has seen extraordinary growth in the past few years, doubling in revenue to €200bn since 2020 and set for continued growth in the years to come. As demonstrated in the report, Top brands can no longer afford not to have a marketplace presence and indeed are actively operating on those marketplaces whose profile fits their product sets. Independent retailers can draw learnings from the Top 500 brands to short cut the route to selecting the most promising platforms for their businesses.
Download the report to learn
- Which factors are key to a successful marketplace
- What attributes brands need from leading marketplaces
- How marketplaces are all working to protect both brands and customers from fraud, counterfeits and piracy.
- How the marketplaces arena is fragmenting into a much more granular and localised business
- What is the technology that drives this sector
- The key trends that both marketplace operators and merchants need to consider as they plan how to reach the consumers of tomorrow.
The 15 marketplaces covered in the report are: Alibaba, Allegro, Amazon, Bol, Cdiscount, Decathlon, eBay, Etsy, FNAC, LeroyMarlin, LIDL, MediaMarkt, OTTO, Zalando.