If you missed the Ecommerce World Review of Europe’s leading marketplaces session at midday today, then you can download the European Marketplaces 2022 Report here.
European Marketplaces: Current Trends
With an analysis of 15 of the top European marketplaces by website traffic, the report covers top trends across the marketplaces including:
- The rise of many more niche, specialist and retailer led marketplaces.
- Amazon is still strong but not dominant in all European countries – Bol and Allegro are currently holding their own.
- The Top 500 Brands are increasingly being seen across on more than the biggest marketplaces – they are popping up on niche sites and opening their own marketplaces.
- Brands are getting more say – Marketplaces are looking to differentiate themselves by allowing brands to manage profiles on their platforms.
- There is an increasing focus on counterfeit and piracy protection.
- Technology – Live Streaming, AI, VR and eventually the metaverse all play a growing role.
- Expect to see even more tightly focussed marketplaces
- Expect to see more etnerprise marketplacecs
- There will be a growing use of B2B Marketplaces
- The marketplace model is everywhere – Social, Airbnb, the dark web
- Live streaming and enterntainment
- Improved search – voice and visual
- AR and VR are already here – Is the Metaverse next?
For full in-depth analysis of the European Marketplaces, download your free copy of the report.