This week, we catch up with Murray Lambell, General Manager of eBay UK, to talk about the current trading environment. Starting with eBay’s 2nd year of engagement with Love Island, we discussed sustainability and consumer confidence and Murray shared that the outlook for 2023 is more buoyant than previously expected – great news for all retailers.
Murray Lambell also shared disappointment that Royal Mail and the CWU were unable to reach an agreement pre-Christmas, and how eBay are working with all UK carriers and working to ensure service levels that will delight consumers are made available to all retailers regardless of their size.
In this video you will find:
- 00:54 Love Island update – new discussions with consumers
- 02:05 Driving consideration on New/Used/Distressed stock
- 03:39 Sustainability experiences in retail
- 06:16 Stand out experiences for consumers
- 09:18 Logistics and Carriers Improvements
- 11:22 The economy and consumer spend more buoyant than expected
- 13:50 Giving consumer confidence