There are a lot of tech layoffs taking place currently, and marketplaces Amazon and eBay have already announced a shrinking of staff, with Amazon announcing a further 9,000 downsized staff this week. This comes on top of of the 18,000 job losses announced in January.
With that many industry professionals, we’re delighted to share the news of one position that’s just opened – that for a Senior Ecommerce Platform Merchandising Specialist at Wish. As a bonus, it doesn’t matter where you live as this role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Merchandising Operations, can be performed remotely in the United Kingdom.
Wish Merchandising Specialist Job Spec
- Define the merchandising short term and long term strategy for vertical categories.
- Identify industry and consumer trends through internal data analysis and external industrial insights.
- Develop and execute seasonal, cultural, brand specific, country specific, or category merchandising events by collaborating with category managers, Marketing, BD, Design, and external partners.
- Work with merchants and manufacturers through account managers and business development to secure the sourcing and pricing of products.
- Leverage data to make merchandising decisions and report key metrics.
- Summarize learnings from merchandising activities and identify areas for improvement for the mobile app, web site, and internal tools.
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce platform merchandising or marketing
- Good understanding of merchandising strategy and industrial best practice in general
- Proven experience using analytical tools to measure performance, determine improvements, and make adjustments
- Good communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams to drive outcomes
- Home, hobby, electronics, or fashion category experience is a plus
If this is a position that you would be interested in, we wish you luck and you can apply here.