A new marketplace called Made in Cymru has launched to support independent welsh sellers by offering them a platform to showcase their products to a wider audience.
“We are really excited to be officially launching the Made in Cymru platform and opening it out to sellers from across Wales.
The site has been developed with local businesses in North Wales, and following their positive feedback, we are now rolling it out nationwide to allow every independent company in Wales the chance to retail on the site. Made in Cymru is designed to make it as easy as possible for retailers to expand their reach and place their products in front of a far wider audience.”
– Michael Gwynne, Founder, Made in Cymru
Despite the challenges of the past year, there has been a surge in consumers wanting to purchase locally and support independent businesses. Made in Cymru recognized this desire and created an innovative platform for independent sellers in Wales, allowing everyone to showcase their products to an interested audience.
Having had a very successful soft launch earlier this year, the platform is now expanding its reach to all those businesses that produce handmade gifts, products and crafts. Sellers can currently list products for free in the following categories; Art and Collectibles, Clothing and Shoes, Health and Beauty, Home and Living, Jewellery and Accessories and Wedding and Party.
Selling on Made in Cymru
If you’re a seller living in wales you might want to check out this marketplace. Some of the benefits detailed on their website are:
- It’s free to list your items
- You only pay a 10% transaction fee on each order and this includes the payment processing costs
- Each product lists comes with its own unique URL for you to share on your social media profiles
- Payments are processed on Shopify’s secure, SSL-encrypted platform, ensuring fraud-detection systems are there to protect you and your buyers