Wish recently announced the launch of a new Wish Merchant Managed Return Program to provide merchants with more autonomy and flexibility in setting their own return policy and handling returns. Merchants who received this announcement are part of the first group selected to participate in the Wish Merchant Managed Return Program.
Merchants can now set their own return policies and return authorisation types per destination country on the Merchant Dashboard Settings > Return Settings page, including:
- Select return policy: Choose from a few options based on store operations, customer service capacities, and local laws/regulations
- Choose return authorisation type: Choose to own return authorisation or designate Wish to authorise returns
- Set return address: Use own warehouses or Wish Return Facility (available in the United States)
To provide merchants with sufficient preparation time to understand the program and strategise for their own return settings, Wish will roll out merchant-set return policies in late October 2022 with the following detailed timeline:
- The updated Merchant Policy – Returns, Refunds, and Claims Policy (https://merchant.wish.com/policy#7) will be effective in late October 2022. As a result, merchants’ return settings will take effect in late October 2022. (Merchants will receive a further notification with the effective date.)
- Merchant-set return policies will be gradually rolled out to global users in late October 2022, and the launch of merchant-set return policies on the user side may take a few weeks. Therefore, merchants can expect to receive their customers’ return requests respective to their own return policies via the Merchant Managed Return Program in late October 2022.
How to prepare for Wish Merchant Managed Return Program
Ahead of the launch of the merchant-set return policies, merchants are encouraged to:
- Read the Help Center articles in full to better understand the Merchant Managed Return Program.
- Consider your customer service capabilities and store operation to select the optimal return settings for their store.
- Strategise for your own return settings for all destination countries that you are selling to.
- Complete your own return settings.