If you sell on eBay then there’s just this weekend left to enter your business for the eBay For Business Awards 2018 as submissions close at midnight on Sunday the 22nd of July.
The eBay for Business Awards 2018 are a celebration of the most successful and inspiring firms amongst the 200,000 small and medium sized businesses which sell in the UK.
eBay sellers of all sizes can enter for free today. Successful sellers could win a £5k cash prize, a trip to the USA, as well as tailored assistance to help boost their online store. It’s not all about having the biggest business or the fastest growth, many of last year’s winners were smaller businesses but they had inspirational stories or carved out a unique niche with their business. It’s all about telling a story that will capture the imagination of aspiring eBay sellers and prompt them to take the leap and set up their business.
“It’s this success that really motivates us as a business. We are dedicated to helping even more small businesses grow, and will be identifying some of the rising stars on the platform through the second annual eBay for Business Awards.”
– Rob Hattrell, eBay UK VP
eBay’s Top Tips for a Great eBay for Business Awards Entry
Submit you eBay for Business Awards 2018 entry here.
- Why should eBay pick you?
- Try to paint a picture with your entry. A picture that tells eBay everything they need to know about your business.
- Think about the past and present, but also what the future holds.
- How did it all start? When did you first take the plunge and start your own business or come up with your idea?
- Who or what inspired you to go for it?
- What has the journey been like? Were there any challenges or triumphs along the way?
- Was there a time you nearly threw in the towel? What made you carry on?
- And when was your ‘lightbulb’ moment, when you knew you were on to something?
- Importantly, explain why you think you deserve to win?
- Give an idea of what it’s like to walk in your shoes. Send photos of your products, your team, or your ideas.
- Plus, remember to tell what the future may hold. What happens next? And how could winning an eBay business award help you to get there?