Hawaiian marketplace Pop-up Mākeke partners with Amazon and Shopify

No primary category set

Hawaiian marketplace Pop-up Mākeke, established by the Native Hawaiian Advancement Council to support Hawai’i’s small businesses during the pandemic has partnered with Amazon and Shopify. Pop-up Makeke will be launching for the third time in spring 2021 and Hawaiian Vendors are being urged to start applying.

The last two markets were said to have generated more than $2 million in sales with over 100,000 products sold making it a groundbreaking event that Hawaiian merchants wouldn’t want to miss. Vendor selections will begin as early as April 5th and will be chosen by an internal committee looking for products that represent Hawaii’s diversity and aligned to Pop-Up Mākeke mission and brand.

“We launched Pop-Up Mākeke to help Hawaiʻi’s small business owners who were impacted by the pandemic. Many vendors had no place to turn following the cancellation of events, and they worried about how they would make ends meet. Through your support of Pop-Up Mākeke, hundreds of Hawaiʻi-based vendors have remained in business, and better yet, envision a brighter future.”
– Pop-Up Mākeke

Vendor criteria:

Hawaiian marketplace Pop-up Mākeke say they will be looking to purchase 90% of its inventory at wholesale and the remaining 10% of its inventory will be on consignment. There will be no fee for those participating in either category, however, if selected, vendors must commit and satisfy the criteria below:

  • Devote 3 hours to a free business development course hosted by CNHA
  • Be a registered business in good standing in the state of Hawaii; and
  • Products must have a connection to Hawaii; and
  • Meet the minimum quantity numbers; and the ability to restock inventory in a timely manner ; and
  • Provide proof of retail product value(s); and
  • All products must have a high resolution photo; and
  • All products must have a written description which includes but is not limited to: core features, dimensions/weight, unique value proposition; and
  • All products must have a barcode; and
  • Products must be individually packaged

Anything larger than 18″x14″x8″ and/or weighing over 5lbs will not be accepted, dangerous and illegal items arere prohibited and perishables must have at least 90 days before expiry.


No data was found

ChannelX Guide...

Featured in this article from the ChannelX Guide – companies that can help you grow and manage your business.


Take a look through a selection of the latest articles on ChannelX

Register for Newsletter

Receive 5 newsletters per week

Gain access to all research

Be notified of upcoming events and webinars