This Christmas, Amazon has teamed up with three tastemakers to explore the many exciting ways you can ready your home for the festive season. Interior Stylist Siobhan Murphy, Chef and Creator Angelo Coassin and Interiors Enthusiast Pandora Maxton invite you into their homes to show you how they like to celebrate Christmas in style.
With everything from decorations and festive food essentials, to sustainable gifting, including handy how-to guides – they say that you can find all the inspiration you’ll need to create the perfect Christmas on Amazon UK.
Today it’s the turn of Pandora Maxton, previous winner of the BBC’s Best House in Town title, who shares her tips on making more eco-friendly choices during the Christmas period. She takes us through the creation of her show-stopping sustainable Advent Calendar that can be reused year-on-year.
Pandora Maxton’s top picks
All Pandora’s eco-friendly choices can be found on Amazon.
|Spray painted white branch stylist’s own. Jute Hessian Drawstring Pouch, Small, Currently priced at £20.99 for 3, Wooden Star Advent Calendar Numbers, Currently priced at £5.39, Artificial Eucalyptus Garland with Baby’s Breath Decoration, Currently priced at £16.99, Indoor Fairy Lights 100 Warm White LEDs, Currently priced at £9.99, all available at Amazon.co.uk.||KitchenCraft Slate Placemats, Currently priced at £23.06, Linen & Cotton Luxury Hemstitched Natural Table Runner, Currently priced at £28.99, Donken Hessian Table Runner, Currently priced at £22.99, Metal Candlestick Stand, Currently priced at £15.99, Wax Candles, Pink, Currently priced at £8.48, Art Deco Vintage Green Champagne Wine Glasses, Currently priced at £4.99, Clear Glass Tealight Votive Candle Holders (24 Pack), Currently priced at £15.99, Clear Glass Bauble Tea Light Holders (6 pack), Currently priced at £14.99, Artificial Christmas Evergreen Pine Cone Branch, Currently priced at £8.99, all available at Amazon.co.uk. Food and Champagne all available at Morrisons on Amazon.co.uk.||Spray painted white branch stylist’s own. Jute Hessian Drawstring Pouch, Small, Currently priced at £20.99 for 3, Wooden Star Advent Calendar Numbers, Currently priced at £5.39, Artificial Eucalyptus Garland with Baby’s Breath Decoration, Currently priced at £16.99, Currently priced at £9.99, all available at Amazon.co.uk.|
Top Tips from Pandora Maxton
- For the base of the advent calendar you’ll need a long old tree branch or sturdy twig. This can be taken from your own garden or found on the ground in a public park, but make sure to ask the landowner’s permission before removing any fallen wood.
- Spray-paint the branch from end to end with white spray-paint. This doesn’t need to be a perfect paint job – if you want a rustic, shabby-chic look then a light covering will do. If you are after a more polished finish, do several coats of paint to ensure a glossy look.
- With a glue gun, carefully stick a Numbered Wooden Star on to each Jute Hessian Sack.
- Wrap the Climate Pledge Friendly gifts in Brown Eco Kraft Paper and tie with Black Gingham Ribbon.
- Place the wrapped Climate Pledge Friendly gifts in the numbered Jute Hessian Sacks – it doesn’t matter if these poke out slightly.
- Choose a place for the advent calendar.
- To hang the calendar, wrap some twine tightly to either end of the branch and knot it securely to your wall fastenings.
- Once the calendar is in position, tie the filled Jute Hessian Sacks to the branch using the drawstring of each sack.
- Wind Warm LED Fairy Lights around the calendar to add a cosy glow.
- Wrap a Faux Eucalyptus Garland around the branch, making sure to weave it between the Jute Hessian Sacks.