On the day that Amazon are named as the best UK retailer for delivery in the inaugural DeliveryX UK Top500 report, they have another innovation worth noting – Amazon Secure Delivery with a one-time password.
Amazon already have programmes such as age verification for delivery of restricted items such as knives and bladed goods, but the Amazon Secure Delivery is designed to combat claims of lost items when their value is high.
How Amazon Secure Delivery works
- A One-Time Password adds an extra layer of security to packages.
- If a One-Time Password is required, Amazon send a six-digit, numeric One-Time Password to your registered email address after they ship the item.
- You can also find the One-Time Password by selecting Track Package beside the order in Your Orders.
- Your One-Time Password is valid until the end of the delivery day.
- You will need to read the One-Time Password you’ve received to the driver before they release the package
Amazon say that if you are not available to receive the package personally, you are permitted to share the password so that someone can accept your Amazon secure delivery on your behalf. This will especially be the case if you shipped the order to someone else as a gift.
Amazon are constantly innovating in logistics, from the delivery, returns to the service and ensuring purchases arrive as trouble free as possible and delight the customer Amazon Secure Delivery is just one more weapon in their arsenal.