Good news for Amazon sellers of large and heavy (>=23 kg) products – there are newly added transit time options in “Large and Heavy Items” shipping template which should make your operations more flexible and give your customers on Amazon more certainty as to when product will be delivered.
Large and heavy Transit Times
- Amazon have increased the granularity of transit times options similar to “Standard” shipping template to offer “Arranged delivery” using “Large and Heavy Items” shipping template.
- You can now choose from the following transit time options and offer more accurate delivery promise for the large parcels.
- Transit time options: 1 day, 2 days, 1-2 days, 2-3 days, 2-4 days, 2-5 days, 3-4 days, 3-5 days, 5-7 days, 5-10 days and 7-14 days.
Large and heavy shipping options
With the Arranged Delivery shipping option, your customers are advised on the product page and checkout that they will be contacted to arrange a delivery and they should update their phone number before completing their order. You or your courier will contact the customer via call, text or email to arrange the delivery.
With the Scheduled Delivery shipping option, customers can choose their preferred delivery date or delivery slot in a calendar at checkout. You can set up the calendar in advance with available delivery dates and time slots. At checkout, customers can also update their phone number, in case you want to contact them on the day of the delivery
Impact of changes on your delivery
- Amazon encourage you to take advantage of setting more granular transit time settings (For example:1 day or 2 days) at a region and Postcode level.
- This change offers you more flexibility in terms of setting more accurate delivery promise for customers buying Heavy and bulky items from you. The other ship option, scheduled delivery, remains unchanged.
These changes are available only for the “Arranged delivery” ship option in the “Large and Heavy Items” shipping template. The other ship option such as scheduled delivery remains unchanged.
For more information, go to heavy and bulky Items shipping.