Today, Alibaba.com unveiled Alioth as a multi-market channel partner to assist SMEs in the Benelux, UK, and the Nordics to launch B2B lead generation activities on their platform. Those who would traditionally look for business at in-person trade shows, can now digitize their businesses and prospect for new customers globally through Alibaba.
We spoke to Michiel Ebbing, Founder at Alioth, to find out more. Crucially there are three steps to success with the journey starting with the Discovery Phase to identify opportunities, This if followed by the Onboarding Phase – getting listed on Alibaba.com, before moving to the Operational Phase, handling the leads generated.
In this video, Michiel discusses:
- 00:00 Introducing Michiel Ebbing, Founder at Alioth
- 02:31 The main B2B considerations for SMEs used to selling to consumers
- 04:23 What are some of the challenges facing SMEs and can Alioth assist?
- 08:22 The biggest opportunities for B2B SMEs
- 10:54 Selling manufacturing capacity rather than an end product
- 15:42 How do online marketplaces help businesses – especially SMEs – unlock the export opportunity
- 19:56 Advice for B2B SMEs digitizing their businesses in 2024
- 25:49 How do Alioth work with businesses to launch B2B on Alibaba.com?