Our chum Emma Jones MBE over at Enterprise Nation has been named by the Prime Minister as one of seven new Government business ambassadors. And it’s not just Emma, people from Sage and notonthhighstreet too have been tasked too.
Here’s the list in full: Karen Blackett OBE (MediaCom), Liv Garfield (Severn Trent), Paul Kahn (Airbus Group UK), Stephen Kelly (Sage), Emma Jones MBE (Enterprise Nation) and Holly Tucker MBE (notonthehighstreet).
So what will they be doing? Here’s the job spec according to gov.uk:
– when travelling on business, carry out priority meetings at the request of government, for example lobbying to remove barriers to market access or leading events for SMEs
– undertake dedicated overseas visits or lead missions in agreement with UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
– brief UK Ministers and Ambassadors on business priorities and interests as they might arise
– meet overseas Ministers and inward missions
– provide insights into how UKTI can do the best for business
– contribute to government-to-government dialogues with international markets
Prime Minister David Cameron says of the appointments: It is excellent news that some of Britain’s best and brightest business minds will be working with us. Our new Business Ambassadors will bring a wealth of experience and expertise, helping us to unlock markets, grow our international trade and boost inward investment.
We wish Emma and the other ambassadors well with their new tasks and hope they have every success.