From the 1st of August, eBay will be launching a public beta focused on the new eBay Product Based Shopping Experience. They have announced (in Canada) that they are looking for sellers who would like to participate in the eBay Product Based Shopping Experience Beta trials.
As a beta program participant, you would get early access to create and edit product functionality in the eBay catalogue. You’ll also work closely with eBay employees to resolve any issues that you might discover. eBay are looking for sellers who trade on one or more of: eBay.com; eBay.ca; eBay.co.uk; and/or eBay.com.au.
To be blunt, this is going to be forced on you in the near future regardless, so if you’re accepted on the program it makes sense to take part and start getting the catalogue entries for your products sorted as soon as possible.
eBay Product Based Shopping Experience Beta Program selection criteria
- Be a registered seller in good standing for at least one year
- Sell on one of the following eBay sites: eBay.com, eBay.ca, eBay.co.uk, and/or eBay.com.au
- Sell in one of the following categories with annual GMV exceeding $5,000 in one or more of the following categories:
- Cardio Equipment
- Cell Phones & Smartphones
- Computers/Tablets, Networking Tablets & eBook Readers
- Internet & Media Streamers
- Major Appliances
- Portable Fans
- Programmable Thermostats
- Small Kitchen Appliances
- Space Heaters
- TV, Video & Home Audio: Internet & Media Streamers
- Voice-Enabled Smart Assistants
- Use Seller Hub as your primary listing tool
- Have inventory on-boarding and/or listing activities planned within the next 30 days within the above categories
- Willing to provide constructive feedback by email, phone, or video to help identify and resolve any discovered issues
Apply for the eBay Product Based Shopping Experience Beta
If you’d like a chance to participate, you can sign up for the eBay Product Based Shopping Experience Beta on eBay