eBay announced in their Spring Seller Update the upcoming features in Terapeak Research as well as Terapeak making its shift into being exclusively available in the Seller Hub, as part of the Research tab, becoming an even more powerful data analysis and insights tool.
“Sellers now have access to real-time data, all in one place, including information on sold and live listings, for a more complete picture of the health of their business. It is now easy to compare your listings with sold items as well as the competition currently live on the site.”
The move from the Terapeak website to eBay wasn’t simply plugging in Terapeak to eBay, the entire Terapeak data platform has been rebuilt and the foundational features of Terapeak are now hosted on a modern, more nimble, optimized tech stack atop eBay’s technology platform. This gives eBay the ability not to provide sellers with Terapeak features they’ve come to love and value, but to build new capabilities for sellers that eBay will be rolling out in the future.
Additional features added since the end of February:
- Additional detail on sold and unsold listings (including sell-through rate). This helps you determine the likelihood of a sale by measuring the percentage of other listings that sold within a time period.
- Information on active listings (including aggregate metrics, percentage of listings using Promoted Listings and a listing view of listings currently live). You can use this to better assess your competition as well as to better decide on the use of Promoted Listings for your own inventory.
- Multi-user access: sellers with access to Seller Hub can now delegate Terapeak access to their employees via My eBay under Account: Account Preferences: Permissions: Authorized Users. Expand your team doing research to get ahead of the competition.
- By mid-May: Additional data visualizations for price distribution and category distribution of active listings
- By end of June: Search results to incorporate item specifics such as color or size, providing even more powerful results (current search results are exclusively based on listing titles)