With Amazon scheduled to shut down EFN and Pan-EU FBA between the UK and EU as of the 1st of January 2021, they are obviously keen to get merchants in the habit of shipping stock directly into their EU FBA warehouse. To get you started, there is an Amazon FBA Free Shipping promotion for sending goods from the UK to FBA warehouses in Germany, Poland, and the Czech Republic.
Free as in gratis, you send the goods and Amazon will pick up the tab, although there are a few restrictions – you have to use the Amazon Partnered Carrier Programme (PCP) and it only covers small parcels, Amazon specifically exclude pallets from the promotion.
Naturally there will be some things you’ll need to be aware of such as potential VAT liability in the countries where your goods are sold and stored. Bear in mind that VAT liabilities are likely to change as of the 1st of January 2021.
Amazon FBA Free Shipping promotion details
The critiera to qualify for the Amazon FBA free shipping promotion are:
- Shipment is sent from an address in the UK.
- Shipment is sent to an Amazon warehouse in Germany (DE), Poland (PL), or Czech Republic (CZ) for FBA.
- Shipment is created in Seller Central after 11 August 2020 and before 4 September 2020.
- Shipment is received at an Amazon warehouse in DE, PL, or CZ after 11 August 2020 and before 18 September 2020.
- Small-parcel shipments only (pallets not eligible).
- Shipment is sent with the UPS Partnered Carrier Programme (PCP).
Key Amazon Partnered Carrier Programme features
The Amazon Partnered Carrier Programme (PCP)is designed to enable you to ship small parcels to Amazon fulfilment centres across Europe at deeply discounted rates. You can get an estimate of shipping charges, make payments, and track PCP shipments directly from within Seller Central.
- Faster processing
With an Amazon-experienced carrier, your orders are processed faster at our fulfilment centres, making your inventory available to customers sooner
- Save on shipping costs
Lower your shipping costs with discounted shipping from UK to any fulfilment centre in Europe
- £2,000 per unit coverage
With a PCP carrier, Amazon assumes responsibility for lost or damaged inventory up to £2,000 per unit, according to FBA policy
- Easier payment and better visibility
Estimate rates, make payments, and track your shipment from Seller Central
- No sign-up or minimum commitment
No sign-up required. Use PCP on a per-shipment basis with no minimum commitment