If you sell with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), Amazon Outlet deals provides you with an opportunity to improve your inventory health. Featuring products via Amazon Outlet can help you boost sales, improve cash flow, optimize inventory levels, and reduce storage fees. There are no additional fees to participate in outlet.
Amazon Outlet can now be reached on the mobile shopping app under the ‘Programs & Features’ section of the main menu. Based on outlet’s seasonal trends and customer marketing focus this season, eligible items in categories such as Lawn & Garden, Sports, Outdoors, Tools & Home improvement, and Apparel are expected to have increased exposure on outlet. Customers who often shop in these categories will be able to find outlet through Amazon home page advertising, direct email, and more.
You can use the ‘Manage Excess Inventory’ page to identify products eligible for Amazon Outlet deals and submit deals for approval using the menu to the right of eligible listings.
Customers can access outlet on their mobile apps by clicking ‘See All Programs’ in the main menu.
Qualification for Amazon Outlet
To participate in Outlet, you must have a Professional selling plan and an overall customer rating of at least 3.5 stars. You can submit promotional offers with a minimum discount of 20% via the Create Outlet deal section of the Manage Excess Inventory page, and selected deals are featured on the Outlet page for a fixed period of one to two weeks.
ASINs must meet the following criteria to be eligible for listing on Amazon Outlet:
- Have inventory in Amazon fulfilment centres for at least 90 days
- Have more than 10 units of inventory on-hand
- Have a sales history
- Be in new condition
- Have a product rating of at least 3 stars or no reviews
- Not currently enrolled in Subscribe & Save
- Not currently enrolled in another Deal promotion such as Lightning Deals
- Not on Outlet deals in the past 60 days
- Comply with Amazon’s customer product reviews policies and price policies
How to create Outlet deals
- From the Inventory drop-down menu in Seller Central, select Inventory Planning.
- Click the Manage Excess Inventory tab.
- To filter for eligible inventory, click Create Outlet deal in the Show recommendations by setting. You can also follow the links to the Manage Excess Inventory page by clicking on the Improve Your Cash Flow card on the Seller Central home page.
- From the drop-down menu to the right of the eligible item, select Create Outlet deal.
- In the pop-up window, enter your price in the Outlet deal price box. Your price must be less than or equal to the maximum price, which is filled in by default.
- Review the start and end dates for your Outlet deal.
- Click Submit.