Most of the country will be shutting down tomorrow to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee. It’s a truly historic occasion and once you’re done with watching the festivities on the telly box you could be forgiven for settling down with a book in a sunny garden or park for the rest of the day.
With that in mind, Amazon have delved into their electronic achieves and crunched the sales data to show which books about the Queen have been the most popular over the past five years (May 2017- May 2022), based on both print and digital sales and downloads. During this same period, Amazon UK has also analysed data to find the most popular books about the other royals.
As always, still Amazon will be busy over the bank holidays shipping your orders (if you use FBA) so, if you fancy a topical read, why not pick something from the royal best selling books below?
As we come together to celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, it’s brilliant to see the breathtaking range of books about the world’s most famous monarch continue to prove popular among our readers.– Lisa de Meyer, Country Manager, Amazon UK Books
Top ten bestselling books about the Queen (both print and eBooks) from Amazon UK between May 2017 – May 2022:
- A Queen for All Seasons: A Celebration of Queen Elizabeth II on her Platinum Jubilee by Joanna Lumley
- Queen of Our Times: The Life of Queen Elizabeth II by Robert Hardman
- The Queen: 70 Glorious Years by the Royal Collection Trust
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Celebration: 70 Years: 1952–2022 by Brian Hoey
- Elizabeth the Queen: The real story behind The Crown by Sally Bedell Smith
- The Queen by Matthew Dennison
- The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe by Angela Kelly
- Queen of the World: Elizabeth II: Sovereign and Stateswoman by Robert Hardman
- The Platinum Queen: Over 75 Speeches Given by Britain’s Longest-Reigning Monarch by Jennie Bond and Derek Wyatt
- The Queen by Andrew Morton
Top ten bestselling books about other royals (both print and eBooks) from Amazon UK between May 2017 – May 2022:
- Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan by Omid Scobie
- Diana: Her True Story by Andrew Morton
- The Palace Papers by Tina Brown
- The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown
- Prince Philip Revealed: A Man of His Century by Ingrid Seward
- Meghan: A Hollywood Princess by Andrew Morton
- Elizabeth & Margaret: The Intimate World of the Windsor Sisters by Andrew Morton
- Charles: The Misunderstood Prince by Sally Bedell Smith
- A Royal Life by HRH The Duke of Kent
- Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother: The Official Biography by William Shawcross
Interesting article as I am an unashamed Royalist. No mention of another book that sold over one million copies.The Servant Queen and the King she serves –from 2016 Published for her 90th birthday so not included here P S and also “other booksellers are available” even though this article perpetuates the myth that Amazon is the only place to buy books. The added list of other Royals is a unnecessary distraction so a Top 200 list of Queen only books would be more appropriate We are not celebrating the Sussex duo this weekend
Comments are closed.