Meta have introduced new Meta AIs – chatbots in what can only be described as as something akin to ChatGPT skinned with celebrities. What’s interesting is what it could mean for small businesses in the future, giving them the ability to communicate with customers 24/7.
This is not an opportunity to chat with a celeb, Meta have merely paid public figures for the right to use their image to create new personas and what you get from interacting with them is a little weird at best. The personas are not pretending to be the celeb… well they are, but with a different name and the content is a little dated as it pulls from data prior to 2023… don’t expect a reply using current information. Think of them more as AI actors rather than real people.
Many of these profile pictures look familiar because we partnered with well known public figures to embody some of these AIs – but these familiar faces are representing the characters, not themselves. The public-facing social profiles and related visual content creation is managed by Meta. When we generate images for social posts using AI, you’ll see #ImaginedWithAI on the post along with a watermark on the lower left hand corner of the image.– Meta
Meta AIs are a new way to encourage consumers to stay on Meta properties for longer, with over a dozen characters you can chat to:
- Charli D’Amelio as Coco, Dance enthusiast – Facebook Instagram
- Chris Paul as Perry, Pro golfer helping you perfect your stroke – Facebook Instagram
- Dwyane Wade as Victor, Ironman triathlete motivating you to be your best self – Facebook Instagram
- Izzy Adesanya as Luiz, Showy MMA prospect who can back up his trash talk – Facebook Instagram
- Kendall Jenner as Billie, No-BS, ride-or-die companion – Facebook Instagram
- LaurDIY as Dylan, Quirky DIY and Craft expert and companion for Gen Z – Facebook Instagram
- MrBeast as Zach, The big brother who will roast you — because he cares – Facebook Instagram
- Naomi Osaka as Tamika, Anime-obsessed Sailor Senshi in training – Facebook Instagram
- Paris Hilton as Amber, Detective partner for solving whodunnits – Facebook Instagram
- Raven Ross as Angie, Workout class queen who balances fitness with meditation – Facebook Instagram
- Roy Choi as Max, Seasoned sous chef for culinary tips and tricks – Facebook Instagram
- Sam Kerr as Sally, Free-spirited friend who’ll tell you when to take a deep breath – Facebook Instagram
- Snoop Dogg as Dungeon Master, Choose your own adventure with the Dungeon Master – Facebook Instagram
- Tom Brady as Bru, Wisecracking sports debater who pulls no punches – Facebook Instagram
Meta have to started rolling these characters out in beta in the United States and will add new characters in the coming weeks played by Bear Grylls, Chloe Kim, and Josh Richards among others.
Meta AIs for businesses
Meta have also introduced AI studio, a platform that supports the creation of Meta AIs and plan to make it available for people outside of Meta – coders and non-coders alike – to build AIs. Developers will be able to build third-party AIs for our messaging services with our APIs in the coming weeks, starting on Messenger then expanding to WhatsApp.
Businesses will also be able to create Meta AIs that reflect their brand’s values and improve customer service experiences. From small businesses looking to scale to large brands wanting to enhance communications, AIs can help businesses engage with their customers across Meta apps. Business Meta AIs are launching in alpha and they will scale it further next year.