Bear Burners, founded by Rachel Spence in 2018, hit the big time during the pandemic with growth, a move to new premises, even bigger premises and then the economy crashed and a cost of living crisis saw sales dry up.
Speaking to her accountant and wondering if it was time to liquidate stock and close the business down, a recommendation to try TikTok changed everything. From a failing business, today Bear Burners are thriving with TikTok sales predictions for Q4 starting at £20k per month and then being increased to £30k, £50k and now an incredible £150k per month is being forecast.
This is a real success story and a lesson for any small business struggling for sales. TikTok has a far greater reach than a physical presence can hit, and just last Sunday a 90 minute TikTok Live saw Rach pull in 62 orders and gain a hundred new followers for Bear Burners.
Watch the video to hear Rach and James talk about the business transformation and what their next steps on TikTok are to grow even more rapidly. You can also find some cracking Christmas gifts on their website and of course by following them on TikTok.
In this video:
- 00:00 How Rach started Bear Burners in March 2018 after Maternity leave
- 02:04 Bear Burners products
- 03:02 Early success and growth during Covid
- 07:23 How cost of living crisis almost killed the business
- 08:54 How TikTok Shop saved the business
- 11:20 How TikTok actively support businesses
- 13:10 From 10 orders a day to 400
- 14:03 62 orders from a 90 minute Sunday morning TikTok Live
- 15:39 Predictions grew from £20k, £30k, £50k and to now £150k per month for Q4
- 19:19 Advice for small businesses starting out on TikTok Shop