Walmart crushed Cyber Week this year, with the biggest ever Black Friday and Cyber Monday on the Walmart Marketplace. Plus, thousands of Walmart sellers had their highest Walmart.com selling days ever during Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals events.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday were Walmart Marketplace’s biggest sales days ever.
- Walmart Marketplace peak orders per minute jumped four times its previous high on Black Friday
- Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS), the end-to-end fulfillment service for Walmart Sellers achieved its four highest volume sales days ever. On Black Friday alone, WFS shipped nearly double the number of units than the year prior.
- Thousands of sellers celebrated their highest sales days ever on Walmart.com and thousands of new sellers marked their first sale on the platform.
- Around 40% of Walmart Marketplace orders included an item sold by small and medium sized businesses.
That last stat is particularly significant. Walmart Marketplace is relatively new compared to the likes of Amazon which is almost 3 decades old. On Amazon, something like 60% of all products are sold by small and medium sized businesses, so for Walmart to see 40% of orders including a product from a small business is a stunning achievement and shows just how fast their marketplace business is growing.
Customers and sellers count on Walmart, and we always aim to exceed their expectations. It’s inspiring to see so many sellers achieve milestones and grow their businesses with us. We’re grateful to the Walmart seller community for continuing to provide customers items they love all season long.– Manish Joneja, SVP, Walmart Marketplace & Walmart Fulfillment Services